The Piano Concerto in A minor op. 7 is the only surviving orchestral work by Clara Schumann.
The first performance of the work took place in the Leipzig Gewandhaus on 9 November 1835. Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy conducted and Clara Schumann played the solo.
No complete score of the the Concerto has survived. The main source of the Urtext edition is the first edition of the piano part of 1837, which contains the orchestral parts as a supplement.